Friday, January 5, 2018

Start with the Story - January Chelsea Gardens

More than the paper, more than the pretty, more important than even the pictures, scrapbooking for me, is about the story.  In this new year, I want my stories to be the focus and it's my personal goal to do a few pages each month that feature stories I want to preserve. 

Every month, Close to my Heart consultants from around the world focus collectively on the uses of a single product suite. If you are a user of Instagram, you definitely want to go to Instagram and search for #ctmhchelseagardens to see a world of fascinating projects featuring January's Chelsea Gardens product suite. 

As you know, each product collections comes with a pack of Compliments. Complements are diecut cardstock stickers and light chipboard diecut shapes and words, all intended to be used as embellishments. The Chelsea Gardens Compliments look like this: 


I am forever looking for ways to mix up the words in the Complement packs to make them say more (they tend to be somewhat generic) but today I went with cutting out the word "portrait" and incorporating just the diecut word Family onto my page. I like this font because it's easy to read (but still scripty) and I like the color--it's a deep gray instead of the standard black. 

Here's my page--





There are quite a few gray patterns in Chelsea Gardens--I'm loving these. 

So I made a list of possible titles that can be used with the prominent words in the Chelsea Gardens Compliments...



I encourage you to look beyond the obvious with these titles and dig down to the heart of the story. Preserve that. 



Remember, the story doesn't have to be 7 superbly-written highly-detailed paragraphs. Sometimes the story is just a simple thought.

If you want to see the Chelsea Gardens Workshop Your Way pack, 
CHECK IT OUT HERE!

 Stay warm, my friends!
--Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment